Thursday, February 26, 2009

I LOVE TO EAT AT: Kevin's

Kevin's
277A Van Brunt St,
Brooklyn, NY 11231 (Red Hook)


I am proud to call Caroline and Kevin neighbors. Kevin's is a small cafe style restaurant with an evolving menu and fantastic prices. I have tried various dishes, including the Eggs Chesapeake with home fries (a Benedict with crab cake instead of ham), but my favorite is the Hearty Seafood Stew, a generous helping of Scallops, Shrimp, Flounder and Salmon (slight changes made according to season) in a tangy tomato based broth with rice and a baguette. The slight spiciness and the various mix of fish make a perfect tasting broth, exactly what I needed on a chilly day. I have to say that their weekend brunch menu is my favorite, there is never a wait on the weekends. The selection of different dishes may make it difficult to chose, so make sure when you go bring many friends and make sure to try everyone's dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment